Global Stories of Women Empowering Women
It’s been a long time coming, but we are here and we are happy! Ujima Woman, at the time of writing this, is a project that has been in development for close to nine years! It was birthed out of founder, Claytine Nisbett’s, passion for creating connections and partnerships of women supporting women. She believes that the services we provide as individuals, businesses, and organizations are more effectively delivered when we are willing to collaborate and share ideas, resources, and efforts. This willingness to compliment and not compete makes for more effective individual and organizational outcomes.
The word Ujima (oo-JEE-mah) is Swahili and it means collective work and responsibility. The meaning falls in line with the concept that as world citizens and organizations in addition to being committed to causes that promote social change we must also realize the power of working together to make a greater impact.
Ujima Woman Magazine is an Ujima Woman project. The stories shared here will be in keeping with Ujima Woman’s mission to be E.P.I.C. We feature stories that Empower women, Promote development, Inspire leadership, and we highlight organizations and individuals that are Creating and fostering connections and supportive partnerships.
As we grow, we hope you will grow with us. UWM gives you an opportunity to share your stories and bring awareness to your causes. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram at @ujima_woman. You can also connect with Claytine directly on her Instagram at @claytine.nisbett. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ujima Woman Network is another Ujima Woman project we are excited about. It is designed to be a community of individuals and organizations creating connections locally, regionally, and internationally around causes. It is an opportunity to be empowered through supportive partnerships.
Why You Should Connect With Other Empowered Women!
Ujima Woman Network is about Connections within Context! What does that mean? It means:
- Finding connections near you (or clear across the globe) with a similar or complementary cause to collaborate on in order to make a greater social impact.
- Access to local and virtual subgroups with individuals with shared interests
- Insight on new and sustainable intervention strategies to tackle your cause
- Finding new local, regional, or international projects to work on
- Opportunities to post questions in the community and get them answered by other professionals
- Ability to participate in polls to improve your experience
- Member discounts for our IN PERSON Ujima Woman Conferences, Seminars, Workshops and Training
- Opportunities for members and their causes to be featured in Ujima Woman Magazine
WHAT WE WON’T BE BOTHERING YOU WITH!
Other networking platforms have changed over the years. We know they have to pay the bill but how they are doing it can be quite annoying. We simply want you to make connections without annoyance. So here’s what we wont be bothering you with:
- No ads.
- No distractions.
- No loss of privacy.
- No algorithms that decide your experience for you.